Together We Point to Christ
Together we point to Christ by being…
God-Focused: We want to see the Lord for who He is and to respond by making much of Him in all that we do.
- We believe that He alone is deserving of our worship and all credit (Romans 11:36)
- We believe that we must worship Him with all of our being (John 4:24; Matthew 22:37)
- We believe that worship is about more than a song (Romans 12:1-2)
Gospel-Centered: We want to operate with the Gospel as the foundation for all that we do.
- We want to make much of God by worshiping Him through the lens of the Gospel message (1 Peter 1:3-5)
- We want to love one another, serve one another and build one another up in the local church through the lens of the Gospel message (Acts 2:42-47)
- We want to be a part of God’s global disciple-making plan by spreading and sharing the Gospel message (Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 24:46-48)
Word-Driven: We want the Bible to dictate what we believe, what we treasure, and what we do.
- We desire to line up our plans with God’s plans in His Word, knowing that His plans are already blessed (Ephesians 2:10)
- We desire to teach God’s Word in disciple-making manner, pointing to Christ and His Gospel with the Scriptures (Matthew 5:19; Matthew 28:18-20)
- We desire to reach out to the lost, the poor, the low and the despised people who are around us because of the Word’s explicit instructions to do so (James 1:27; Micah 6:8)