What to get involved with IMITATE? We can use your help in the following areas:
- Administration—4 Spots: Run the registration table and help with organizing other tasks throughout the week.
- Kitchen Crew: Cooking, serving and cleaning up for dinner. (Monday—Thursday)
- Cleaning Crew—6 Spots: Cleaning the Worship Center, bathrooms and other areas of the church each morning.
- Food Runners—10 Spots: Delivering lunch to the ministry sites each day. (Monday—Thursday)
- Host Homes for Volunteers: Providing a bed and a shower for those coming to help from Old Powhatan Baptist Church.
- Site Foreman—20 Spots: Oversee students at work sites through the area during the day. You can indicate on the sign up sheet your area of interest.
- Construction/Yard Work—Sites that require some construction knowledge to ensure projects are completed safely.
- Social Ministry—Sites where students will interact with other people. (retirement communities, food pantry, homeless ministry)
- Evangelism—Sites where students will be engaging others to share the Gospel. (backyard Bible club, soccer camp)
- Security Team—8 Spots: Providing security for the Cloverton concert on Sunday night (June 28).
- Merchandise Sales—4 Spots: Sells merchandise for the Cloverton concert on Sunday night (June 28).
Can’t be here everyday? Just let us know what day or days you will be available and we will get you plugged in. Got questions? Contact the church office or see Pastor Michael. Sign-up sheets are available in the Atrium. Need even more info – here’s the event’s web site.
It’s been a great start to 2015. We’ve seen several new members join the choir, media team and band. We can always use more, so come out and give it a try! We practice every Wednesday at 7:40 pm.
Seven Words of Worship
Our Wednesday Increase classes start on April 8. Seven Words of Worship is a class designed to dig deep into what the Bible says about worship and develop a more Biblical understanding of what is true worship. Each week we will dig into the Word of God and have plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion.
In modern day church life, technology is a necessity. Our Audio and Media Ministry Teams play a vital role in our
worship services here at Seaford. Do you enjoy working with computers or other technology? Please consider being part of our Audio or Media Team. You can talk to Pastor Eric, Mark Robinson (Audio Team Leader), or Kerry Gough (Media Team Leader).
Wednesday Night Volleyball
On Wednesday night from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m., we play volleyball in the Family Life Center. Come and enjoy a devotional and exercise.
Thursday Night Bible Study
Join us on Thursday Nights as we continue studying the book of Ephesians. We meet every Thursday at 7 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room.
APRIL 11 – FAITH: REAL OR AWOL?
Our annual luncheon to honor our military spouses will be on Saturday, April 11, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room. This is always a wonderful time of fellowship, fun, and celebration of Spring; and who’s not ready for that? Our devotional thoughts will be on faith: is ours real or AWOL (absent without leave)? Sign up sheets are in the Atrimum and FLC Foyer. Child-care will be provided.
Our Spring Increase discipleship classes begin on Wednesday, April 8. There are three classes to choose from. Sign-up in the Atrium or Family Life Center Foyer.
2 Thessalonians: Pastor Michael
7 Words of Worship: Pastor Eric
The Short List: Russ Pratt
April Mission Action (Church-wide)
We will be assembling Easter Baskets and delivering to recipients.
The Joy Circle will meet at Betty Goad’s home on Thursday, April 9 at 11:30 a.m. Please bring a lunch.
WMU will be hosting Undie Sundays in April. We will be collecting socks and underwear for children attending summer camp at Standing Rock Camp in Grundy, VA.
Cubbies, Sparks and T&T (age 3 through Grade 5) from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Trek and Journey (Grades 6-12) 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Here are the themes for Sparks and T&T:
- April 5 – *** No Awana*** (Easter Sunday)
- April 12 – Game Theme: M & M Night
- April 19 – Mystery Night and Share Store
- April 26 – Break the Record: Everyone who brings a friend gets to Silly String Mr. Russ
- May 3 – Game Theme: Finish the Race Night
Easter Egg Hunt
The Children’s Ministry will be sponsoring a community Easter egg hunt from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 4. Many thanks to all those who have donated eggs, grass, candies. Please invite someone new to come and celebrate Easter with us.
The Agape League performance will be Saturday, May 16. A free dinner will be provided before the show. Please mark your calendar now and begin to pray who God will lead you to invite.
Vacation Bible School
Everest: Conquering Challenges with God’s Mighty Power will be the theme this year. Though we will not have a “kick-off” event this year, please reserve July 27-31 and plan to be a part of this outreach.
Lawn and Landscaping Ministry: Volunteers Needed
Our church grounds are an important testimony to our congregation, and send a visible message to our community. Most importantly, the lawns and beds are all maintained by church volunteers.
If you are willing to help with some of the lawn cutting and landscaping needs, then this may be your connection to church ministries. Teens (16 and up) can also help but must have adult supervision.
Mowers and most tools are provided. All that’s needed is your commitment of a few hours each month. Contact Steve & Cathy Wells via email or 874-6370. Also sign-up sheets will be in the foyers.
Come join us for our Easter weekend celebration. We will meet on Friday, April 3, at 6:30 p.m. for a special Good Friday service. On Saturday, April 4, at 9 a.m. our Children’s Ministry will host an Easter egg hunt for children pre-school age through grade 5. Then, on Sunday, April 5, at 10 a.m. we will celebrate our risen Savior during our Worship service. We hope to see you there.