Ministering to the body, community, and beyond – below are some of the areas you can serve in as we serve the Lord together.
- Colonial Harbor Retirement Residence – Is an extension of SBC’s worship ministry. Every Sunday a team leads a service of worship that includes music, prayer, and preaching.
- Convalescent – Reaches out to elders and their families at the York Convalescent Center providing a church service the second and fourth Sunday of each month during the SBC Sunday School hour. This team provides music, a sermon, love, and encouragement.
- Deaf – Interprets the message faithfully, always conveying the content and spirit of the speaker.
- Dial-A-Prayer – Is a ministry of encouragement. The caller will hear a short encouraging message and have the opportunity to leave a prayer request.
- Event Preparation & Decoration – Supports other areas of ministry by decorating and setting an atmosphere of hospitality for the event.
- Food Closet – Gives non-perishable food items to the York County Food Closet, who gives to qualified, needy residents in York County and Poquoson. The Food Closet provides food at no cost, where needed, on an emergency basis to York County and Poquoson residents. It’s open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 12:30-3:00 p.m. Seaford Baptist Church makes regular contributions to the Food Closet. Volunteers are welcome to help. Contact them at 898-9057.
- Health Care – Focuses on the holistic health care needs of the entire church body caring for each person’s well-being: body, mind, and spirit. Through education, health screening, counseling, community resourcing, and advocacy, a link is developed between faith and health/wellness.
- Homebound Tape Ministry – Seeks to identify homebound members and keep them connected to the body by visiting and delivering a tape of the weekly worship service.
- Hospitality – Is responsible for “feeding the body” through good food, setting a warm and inviting atmosphere, and supporting other ministries as they seek to create opportunities for fellowship.
- In Touch – Meets a variety of needs that people may have in our church when they need an extra hand in life.
- Leadership Training – Begins with the premise that every member is a minister, and every minister is a leader. Efforts are to encourage, equip, and empower each one to use their God-given gifts in service to each other, the church, and the community.
- Life Development Resource Center – Seeks to enrich the lives of members through providing materials to grow and encourage them in their relationships with Christ and others.
- Men’s – Promotes friendships among the men of the church and encourages spiritual growth.
- Military – Promotes ministry to and within the military families of our church and community with special events and support.
- Missions Leadership – Motivates and mobilizes followers of Christ to reach beyond themselves to their world, both locally and beyond, with emphasis on ministry in order to spread the love and message of Christ.
- Prayer/Care – Prays for staff, ministry leaders, and their families and offers encouragement.
- Prayer Chain – Makes the needs of our church family known to those within the Body who are committed to pray.
- Recreation – Plans recreational activities that develop community within the body and creates a safe first place for seekers to become involved.
- Senior Adult – Experiences trips and tours to various places, educational and informational programs, health fairs, fun-filled events and much more. This group is for Senior adults (50 years+) who desire to live life to the fullest through fellowship.
- Sunday School - Meets at 9:00 AM every Sunday and offers Bible study classes for everyone…infant-adults of all ages and interests. We encourage you to visit any one of the classes offered.
- Women’s - Promotes friendships among the women of the church and encourages spiritual growth.
- Peninsula Rescue Mission
To view the brochures below, you will need to have Adobe Acrobat format (and requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader) installed on your computer. If you don’t have the necessary software installed, do that here for Adobe Reader.