CARE BOXES – November 28
The next shipment of care boxes to our deployed members, family, and friends will be November 28. So we will be collecting items between now and then in the collection box in the fellowship hall at church. A shopping list of recommended items are listed below and also found on the military table in the fellowship hall at church. Forms for names and addresses for the recipients are also on this table.
If you’d like to bake items, please bring them by the church anytime on Wednesday, November 28. A collection point for these items will be in the multi-purpose room next to the church office.
Boxes will be packed the morning of Thursday, November 29, in the multi-purpose room. If you’d like to help in packing, please contact Shirley Flanagan.
As always, thanks for your help in this. Be sure to look at the military board in the church hallway to read the heartwarming thank you notes from the recipients of past boxes.
SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR CARE BOXES
- Greeting cards (to be used by military member)
- Small flashlights and batteries
- Non-perishable snacks (candy, nuts, cookies, Pringles, tootsie pops, jerky, instant powder drinks to be mixed with water)
- All purpose wipes, hand sanitizers
- Travel size toiletries
- Saline eye drops and nose drops or spray
- Sun block (SPF 50) / Chapstick
- Tylenol/Advil / Over-the-counter allergy medicine
- Non-aerosol bug repellant
- Ben-Gay lotion or patches
- Small first-aid kits
- Small sewing kits
- Small Kleenex packages
- Current reading material
- Travel-size games
- Hand-written cards and letters to military members
ATTENTION MILITARY COUPLES OR ENGAGED SINGLES…
There are two opportunities in November to attend a wonderful marriage seminar in our area. One is in Richmond and the other is in Williamsburg. Click here to see more details and how you can register at a reduced rate by using our group name.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MILITARY MINISTRY BROCHURE